At Rush, Safety First is Safety Always is More Than Just a Motto.
We believe our safety-focused culture is the driving factor behind our success. From our drivers to our administrative staff, we make a point of being safety conscious in everything we do, whether we’re on the road, in the office, or at a customer’s location.
The four components of our program work together to minimize risk and maximize the safety of our personnel and our customers’ freight:
Rewards and Recognition
- Roadside inspection bonus program for violation-free performance
- Point-based driver safety scorecard to track and reward safe driving
- Monthly assigned courses via web-based training system
- Ad-hoc safety visits and seminars to address specific topics and issues
- Distribution of weekly safety newsletter created by transportation industry attorneys
- All trucks set to a maximum speed of 68 mph
- On Guard forward-facing radar monitors following distance and applies active braking
- Full compliance with E-Log mandate to increase visibility of HOS issues and violations
- Collision mitigation system with active breaking
- Progressive counseling process including retraining and performance improvement plans, up to separation
- Monthly coaching and counseling in response to driver safety scorecard performance, vehicle inspection reports, and other issues